Friday, December 21, 2012

East and West Medicine

End of the year and It has been few hectic weeks, for me anyway. Me falling sick (cough, flu, fever and spotting!)


Last month after my period, i noticed im having some light spotting which is unusual. Hence i made a trip to my gynae, Dr Loh and after checking, he confirmed that there is no growth or cyst but my womb has dropped! Yes it has dropped almost 2 inches and resting above my vagina. *horror*


Dr Loh further explained that this is due to heavy lifting or carrying infant in most cases. Also i explained to him that i have been feeling slight pain below tummy area almost every night when i lie down on bed. Dr Loh mentioned that this could be the pressure applied when carrying infant hence the pain when you have 'relaxed' your muscles.


Actually i have been carrying my baby girl almost 3-4 hours daily and sometimes beyond that. I normally stand for a very long time while carrying her while i watched TV or just show her around. Mind you, she was almost 8 kg at 6 months and i continued to carry her until Oct - when i made that fateful trip to gynae and i carry her less now.

No wonder people recommended 'urut' after giving birth but i havent gone to any! *sigh* I must make time to go, i keep reminding self. I need to take care of my womb because Dr Loh said my womb will drop out one day!! Its scary to even think about it.


I also made a trip to chinese doctor and he too prescribed me medicines, bitter syrup to drink and some herbal tablets. (i finished Dr Loh's medicine and stopped for a week before starting on chinese med). Dr Luke Tiong is from Miri and his shop is right above AMbank in Miri. He 'listened' to my pulse and said that he too, felt my womb has drooped! (Of course i told him i have been spotting after period) and the med he gave me is supposed to 'uplifting' my womb back to its original position. So far i have not carried my baby, i really hope the meds i took will make a difference. Will need to go for Dr Luke again once im back in Miri.

Dr Luke Tiong can be contactable at 085 425435